K-Fix Studios, located at 108 SW Monterey Road in Stuart, is looking to hire a part time Fitness Coach to lead Training Sessions designed for ages 9 & up. Qualified candidates are positive and energized with a desire to motivate youth to learn about and engage in general fitness. They have experience in the fitness industry and have a nationally recognized fitness training certification or are willing to get one while they train with us. Our fitness training program is education based, meaning we teach the trainees how to do a push-up and how to properly and safely execute a lunge (for example). We help them learn about and gain cardiovascular endurance. We teach them what exercise works what body part and the benefits it provides for us. Trainers must be willing to learn our program, the way we demonstrate movements and the way we correct form. Enjoying working with youth is a must. Skills that appeal to us are motivating energy, attention to detail and someone who can build a rapport with youth while maintaining authority.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Learn how to run a Warrior Training Session (from flow, to music, to execution)
• Learn how to teach form and demonstrate the exercises during stations as well as how to guide the trainees into proper form
• Learn how to run the cardio stations and what we expect of our trainees
• Learn the trainee initiation process
• Learn how to award achievement stamps at the end of each session and the requirements for each achievement (they don’t get what they want for showing up and doing a good job, they have to earn their achievements by completing the requirements)
• Be comfortable on the microphone implementing training sessions.
• General Studio Clean-up & opening/closing procedures
• How to use our scheduling and checkout software (Vagaro)
Interested candidates must be available on Saturday Mornings from 9:30-12:30, as well as willing to take 3-4 shifts during the week from 4:15-7:15 (Monday-Thurs…Tuesday optional). Hours subject to grow and change as we do but for now it is 12-15 hours per week. Starting pay is $15/hour. Must have or be willing to get a nationally recognized Training Certification.